Friday, September 21, 2007

Kentucky vs. Arkansas

I normally make my predictions sooner, but I have to say I don't know on this one. I was kinda hoping that Andre Woodson would get injured in practice this week and then I would assume the hogs would roll. I really don't want him to get injured, but I wanted some epiphany to tell me it was gonna be all right.



Remember Houston, whenever you point, there are always three fingers pointing right back at you.
Houston Nutt is in his 10th year coaching at Arkansas. During the past 9 seasons whenever his Razorbacks lost to an SEC team for the first time during a season they would then go on to lose to another SEC team in their next SEC showdown. This even goes back to his season at Boise St. where after losing to Louisiana Tech(for a first conference loss) they lost to Utah St in the very next game.


Kentucky's Passing Offense
3rd in SEC 257.7 Yds/Game and 9 TDs in three games No Interceptions by Woodson
Arkansas' Passing Defense
11th in SEC 270.5 Yds/Game and 5 TDs allowed in 2 games

Arkansas' Rushing Offense
1st in SEC 325.5 Yds/Game and 5 TDs in 2 games
Kentucky's Rushing Defense
10th in SEC 185 Yds/Game and 4 Tds allowed in 3 games (Bama only allowed 66.2 before the Arkansas Game)

Kentucky's Rushing Offense
2nd in SEC 246.33 Yds/Game and 11 Tds in 3 games
Arkansas' Rushing Defense
6th in SEC 142.5 Yds/Game and 3 Tds allowed in 2 games

Arkansas Passing Offense hasn't been a factor

Arkansas' Football team has been showcasing two things so far this fall. Darren McFadden's amazing ability to run the football and the Defensive Secondary's inability to defend against the pass. This game has all the makings of a big shootout. With Arkansas running through and around the Kentucky Defense whilst Kentucky will be able to attack this Arkansas Defense from all directions.
I think it's going to be a game of momentum, and if the hogs can take the energy from the croud and keep their chin up after the tough loss at Alabama you'll see the hogs execute on offense. We know Kentucky will execute on offense and the Arkansas Secondary will have to come up with some big plays.
My prediction.... I'm wanting to pick Kentucky. All the signs point that way. If both teams play exactly the way they should then Kentucky walks with this one, but while the Arkansas Secondary will bend and will break at times, I think they will also pick up at least two interceptions which will be the key to this game. I also think that the Arkansas Offense returns to the big plays we saw last year with some breakaway runs of 40 yards or more.

Final Score Arkansas 52, Kentucky 48.

No comments: