Friday, October 5, 2007

The Heisman Candidacy might be over

(AP Photo/Mary Ann Chastain)


Andre did everything he could to help his team, but just ended up hurting them. For this Kentucky team to win, Andre Woodson needs to play nearly perfectly. Not to the point where he throws for 300 yards and has no incompletions, but no turnovers. Woodson needs to make good decisions and this week he proved that he won't always.

Once again (like the Arkansas game), Woodson fumbles in the first series and it's 6(7) points the other way.

Woodson holds the NCAA record for most passes without an interception, but in the past 2 games he has thrown up 2 picks. Driving to the 9 yard line, Woodson threw up his 2nd pick in as many games and let the South Carolina Defense get off the field.

In the 3rd Quarter, facing a sack, Woodson turned and tried to fire a pass to John Conner(Come with me if you want to live!), but his attempt was bobbled and behind the fullback ending with another TD return by Eric Norwood.

"We definitely made a lot of mistake, especially me personally," Woodson said. "It's something we haven't been doing all year."

This quote brings me to the point I've wanted to make since I saw the first interception of the season go to Tavious Polo of Florida Atlantic last week. Where were the bad decisions against Arkansas? Why did it have to be efficient, smart Woodson beating the hogs as I watched another hog lead slip away? Woodson! If you're going to blow it, do it against a team I want to win and especially don't do it against a team I want you to beat! Loser!

No comments: