Tuesday, October 30, 2007

SEC Basketball Player Profile - Chris Lofton


That's right! Carry Me. For the rest of the season we're gonna do this all the time, no matter how good my ankle might heal. You guys need to carry me over to my apartment, we about to have a party. If you do, I guess you can stay. I mean, -- Hey! Bitch Hands off that ass!

Name: Chris Lofton
Height: 6' 2"
Position: Guard
Class: Senior
Nickname: Christ Loftong Bomb

Christ Lofton is the most dynamic player in the SEC. He returns to a stacked team that includes the two nuckleheads Ryan Childress and Jordan Howell. Each of those players averaged more than 15 minutes per game, and had a combined 9.5 pts on average per game. I think they are better out there to carry Lofton around than anything, but at least Childress can rebound.

When Chris Lofton showed up in 2004 you knew he was going to be a special player. He played on the 04-05 team that put up a 14-17 (6-10) record and was basically the laughingstock of the SEC east. Only Georgia was worse, but then Bruce Pearl showed up and the team that wasn't a factor suddenly became one. Tennessee fans became to fill up Thompson-Boling Arena for their men's team not just the women.

Chris Lofton has been a huge part of that turn around and his 20 and 30 point games should be more of a factor for his team picked to win the SEC overall. Like all basketball players, Chris Lofton doesn't care what the preseason says. He's ready. "It matters at the end of the season how you do."

The real stuff you can say about Chris Lofton? Dude is crazy. He likes to just walk a few feet past half court and launch it. You're gonna stick a hand in his face and contest his shot? Dude, Chris Lofton says forget that shit, I'm gonna make it. Billy Donovan called Chris Lofton the "Best Bad-shot-shooter." Meaning he can make something from nothing.

Chris Lofton had this to say about that, "Sometimes I realize, but sometimes I don't, I think I take contested shots a lot but sometimes the shot clock is running down and I have to. I do take bad shots every now and then, but who doesn't?"

Players who pass the ball don't Chris. My biggest knock on Chris Lofton is his 1.7 assists per game last season. When you are getting double teamed and covered and having to take contested shots there is always someone open. Pass the Ball baby.

No comments: